Friday, August 8, 2008

Surrogacy

A little over a year ago I delivered a beautiful baby boy for a family in New York. He and I aren't related in any way; he carries none of my genetics. We used their egg and sperm, and I grew them a wonderful little boy.

And now we are ready to do it again.

It's a process. We have to do another egg retrieval, so our cycles will be matched. I started birth control pills a couple of days ago, and I have just a couple weeks before I start the Lupron. We will put embryos ready to grow into my uterus in just over a month.

I am excited to carry for this family again. They are dear friends, and I couldn't feel luckier to be part of creating their family. I will be overjoyed to see them in September, and to spend time with Baby Boy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ehhh... Now, you got me confused. 1st thing : didn't you just fall in love? And... you are about to surrogate for another baby? While in fesh new love?
Interesting situation... ;-0))

Mtnhighmama said...

Yes, it is an interesting situation.

I did just slide into love.

And yes, we are planning for me to carry a sibling for the same family. We have been planning this since long before I met him, and it does cause a few challenges, I suppose. But he knows and is still interested in us, so I guess all we can do is take it one day at a time.