Thursday, February 26, 2009

Yay! Good news!

Today the perinatologist did another scan and (finally!) it was all good news! Both babies look great, and growing ahead of schedule and have topped the 1 1/2 lb. mark! And, my cervix is holding well and looks good.

AND, he said I could start slowing adding some low level activity to my schedule. Starting with walking 10 minutes a day! And then in a week or two adding yoga, and eventually adding swimming into the mix! I can not even begin to tell you how liberating it feels to hear this!

And, instead of the doom and gloom speech of 'Prepare Yourself for 28 Weekers', I got the probably more like 34 weeks. This could all change in a matter of hours if things go wonky, but for now I'll take this great news and celebrate!

8 comments:

ad said...

Yay!

Meinsideout said...

A - so glad that you will be able to start being more active soon!

Alyce said...

HOORAY!
Mimosas all around!
Oh, wait...
;)

Sharon LaMothe said...

I have been popping in once in a while and reading your blog! Congrats on the great news! I carried twins twice. The first set for a little over 34 weeks and the second set for 37 weeks! It can be done!

All the best!
Sharon

Anonymous said...

As ad said, yaaaaaay!

CJ said...

Now THAT is some good news! Just found your blog, but glad to hear all is well!

JW Moxie said...

That's definitely good news!

I have an award for you on my blog!

Anonymous said...

Congrats