Thursday, January 29, 2009

In the Hospital

Well thanks to a small complication, I've spent the last couple of days in the hospital. I'm ok, and the babies are great, and I'm glad we all caught it before it got too far along.

It seems that my cervix is shortening, and so we put in a cerclage. A cerclage is a band of suture that goes through or around (mine is around) the cervix to prevent if from opening prematurely. It is a necessary intervention in our case. We'll remove it around 34-36 weeks, and let labor happen on its own. And hope that we don't go into labor before that.

This means limited activity for me, and at least a week of full bed rest. At home, at least. It means a whole lot of sitting and laying around. This will be a new experience for me, because, I don't know if you can tell--but, I'm kind of a busy person.

It will also mean board games in bed with my kids, extra snuggles, reading books together, quiet time, and bonding with my cat. It's not how I wanted it to work out, but an excuse to lay around and hang out with my kids sounds ok too. I haven't had time to have that kind of one-on-one with them, that kind of dedicated, nothing else we need to do, kind of time in a loooong time. That part of it will be nice.

This also means no more tango for this pregnancy.

7 comments:

Meinsideout said...

A - thank goodness you are okay and the babies too - and thank god they were able to put the cerclage in....

Thinking of you and I hope your bed rest goes quickly - it sounds like you have a good plan for enjoying it.

Anaya's Mama said...

I'm so glad that everything is okay.

If you need anything don't hesitate to call (or e-mail) we would happily come down and wait on you hand and foot all weekend ;) Or even just come down for a day and run an errand or two. Whatever the case, we are all your is you want us.

Eric said...

It also means that I get to bring you and your family a dinner or two. :-)

Alyce said...

Thank goodness you're okay!
And yay for a week of gratuitious snuggles!

Meinsideout said...

A - how are you doing?

tangobaby said...

I hope you're doing okay! I'm sure you must be resting...

Kennethwongsf said...

A few days of snuggle time with loved ones sounds like heaven. Enjoy it! Your favorite Tango floors will miss you, but they'll welcome you with open arms when you return.