Sunday, December 14, 2008

Those 6 weeks took a toll. I can't even begin to describe how frustrating it is to only be able to dance two or three tandas in a night. I just don't have the stamina for more. Where did it go?

And my balance! Ugh. I feel like a very beginner again, only this time I know enough to know how bad it feels. It's so discouraging. I haven't actually had to use my partner for balance since I started, and now... if the leader does anything that isn't perfectly centered it throws me off.

I had a lovely night on Friday where I had people signing my dance card before I could even get my shoes on but I just couldn't dance more than a few tandas and I was so disappointed. Last night was the same.

Those of you that have taken extended breaks, was it hard to come back? Did you notice a difference? I'm hoping my lack of stamina is just because I was so sick and it will return, but other pregnant people seem to think it's their job to burst that happy bubble.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As someone who as been forced - twice - to take extended leave of Tango, I can assure you that you feel the difference when you return. And the second time I was returning after more than 10 years experience.

Getting out of the head is the biggest obstacle. Keeping the doom-sayers out is another :-)

But don't worry: like riding a bike, it'll come back to you.