Thursday, December 18, 2008

Falling in love

Tonight I fell in love with tango all over again. It's that moment when you look at someone that is so familiar to you and for just a second you see a total stranger, closely followed by this stabbing hollowing upsurge of love that leaves you breathless. That was tango for me tonight.

The snow set it for me. I love snow. I was a mountain high Colorado girl, with a view of the Continental Divide from my bedroom. I love the powder, the cold, the ritual, the being at the mercy and the dance of the weather. And so this storm is like a special secret Christmas gift just for me. And as I walked to the practica/milonga the flakes were fat and full and like little bits of laughter landing on my cheeks.

And the milonga hall was warm and cheery, Canaro through the speakers, lovely dancers. And my first dances were with someone I adore and they were mmmmm goood, and each that followed was a different taste.

It was like the best meal I had ever eaten, and right now that's saying a lot!

3 comments:

Eric said...

I'm soooooooooooooo happy for you!!! Your post really brought a smile to me. I miss you! I miss dancing with you!

Anonymous said...

I hate to say "I told you so", but...

I told you so!!!

Mtnhighmama said...

Johanna, never has an I Told You So been so sweet!

I miss you to, Eric, and our dances.