Monday, May 26, 2008

Tango Shoes to Grow Into

So, I finally bought shoes that are just for tango. Completely impractical, inappropriate for every other activity in my life, and absolutely lovely.

But I can't wear them yet. I just don't feel as if I've earned them.

When I slide my feet into those shoes, there's a world of possibility just waiting for me, and I want to be able to do them justice. I want to walk with style and precision, I want to catch every phrase my lead communicates, I want to know just when the right moment for that little embellishment is.

So they sit where I can see them, something more to strive for. But these are just for me. Everything else that I strive for in the dance is to make it better for both of us, but the shoes are just for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!! Pictures!

La Tanguerita said...

"But these are just for me" - how well I know this feeling:-)