Sunday, January 3, 2010

The crazy mix

I know what craziness I bring to the mix. I'm keenly aware of it. I have for years heard CC's* mother in my head telling me I'm just too much, that I wear people out.

I always figured it would be after my kids were grown. Because who would understand? Who would be part of the loving mess I created?

Sure, my friends and family support my fostering, my surrogacies, my net full of those that need love. But they don't really understand. When I talk about those aspects of my life, they show respect or admiration, or shake their head at my craziness, or say something supportive and loving and kind. Which is wonderful, but it's not...it's not what I want. I want someone that understands that I do these things because they need to be done, because it is just part of life, because it's just what we do.

And I really thought I'd have to wait. That it would be when they all were grown.

But he gets it.

----------------------------------------------------
* Beaches, the movie

3 comments:

Alyce said...

There is nothing more fulfilling than finding someone who gets it.
XO

ad said...

Congratulations a - enjoy every delicious moment!

msHedgehog said...

Congratulations! That's beautiful.